HCAP Head Start Waipahu
94-810 Moloalo St, Suite 200 & 210
Waipahu, HI 96797
Head Start programs prepare America’s most vulnerable young children to succeed in school and in life beyond school. To achieve this, Head Start programs deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
HCAP Head Start is a federally funded program that provides quality services to qualifying preschoolers and their families. From our humble beginning as a summer project in 1965, we have grown to become the largest early childhood program in the State of Hawaii serving over 1,500 children and their families each year.
HCAP Head Start is comprised of the Head Start preschool program for children 3 to 5 years old and the Early Head Start program for infants, toddlers, and pregnant women. Browse our pages to find out more about our services, programs, locations, and much more.
Enriching the Lives of Children; Engaging Families; and Strengthening Communities.
Families Thriving; Making A Difference in Our Community as Advocates and Leaders for Early Childhood Education.
HCAP Head Start firmly believes that the lives of the young children and families can be enriched and strengthened by the quality of the program we provide to them. HCAP Head Start believes that this quality depends on several Factors:
- Providing a safe, nurturing and inclusive environment for children and families;
- Providing a developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum that addresses all areas of growth and development;
- Providing learning experiences within the context of children’s culture and communities;
- Creating and sustaining partnerships with families to promote and support early intervention and preventative health practices, school readiness skills, and successful transitions for their children;
- Creating and sustaining partnerships with families to support them in their roles as primary educators, nurturers and advocates for their children;
- Providing families with opportunities for meaningful experiences in Head Start, including involvement in developing policies, as well as, family goals; and
- Collaborating with community agencies to access needed resources and services for our families.
HCAP Head Start is committed to empowering and supporting positive growth for our families and staff, as every individual has fundamental worth. We value integrity, honesty, social justice, respect for individuals and diverse populations, and life long learning for personal and professional growth.
Who are we?
The HCAP Head Start program adopted a Japanese phrase “Kodomo no Tame ni”, for the sake of the children, to exemplify the “heart” of our program. All staff members contribute in some way, directly or indirectly to foster social competence and school readiness in each child and to enhance the lives of families. These goals are achieved through various services and education programs we provide to our children and families. Learn more about the services that we provide to you and your child.
What do we do?
Head Start services are provided through part-day and full-day center-based programs, and home-based programs. Visit our “Programs” page to find out more about these program options.
Where can you find us?
There are over 70 Head Start locations throughout Oahu to serve you. All programs follow policies and regulations of the National Head Start Performance Standards and the State Department of Human Services licenses all classrooms. Visit our Locations page to find out where the various programs are located.
More Head Start Links!
Head Start Programs
Head Start Locations
Head Start Application Form
Head Start Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Head Start Success Stories
Volunteer with Head Start